Projects

Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Leslie! (wink, wink)

Happy Birthday my friend!
(wink, wink ~ nudge, nudge)

My friend Leslie and I share the same birthdate (June 16th) and I made this card & bag for her last year to put her gift in. Her favorite color is Green Galore (lime green) and also loves it with Tempting Turquoise.
Bag with card
copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989-2008
Bag without card




copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989- 2008


Supplies (mostly Stampin' UP! except for embellishments)
Stamps: Doodle This (mainly)
Ink: White craft, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore
Cardstock/paper: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Confetti White, Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Cutter Kit, Simply Scrappin' Kit, lots of ribbons, Primas (flowers), brads, etc.



How it started was; I saw this very pretty card online that I thought would make a good birthday card if I changed it. (no matter if I try to copy, I always end up changing it; never fails.) So, I started making this fairly simple card and it morphed into this!


front of card
Copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989-2008


inside of card copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989- 2008

closeup of inside card
copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989-2008

closeup of inside card
copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989- 2008


Our friend Evie called it a masterpiece. What a compliment! (thanks Evie!)


When Evie's birthday was coming around in September, I had decided to make her her very own masterpiece. Well, that didn't happen. And, I could tell she was disappointed.


So, I made her this card:


Front of card

copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989 - 2008

inside of card copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989-2008



It was a Thank You for her being her. She's such a wonderful friend and a very supportive upline (Stampin' UP!). I gave it to her at a breakfast meeting and she started to cry. When I said to everyone that I made her cry, she answered very quickly "No, I'm not crying!!" She's too funny! Everything makes her cry!

close up pix of the inside copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989 - 2008

close up of inside copywrite Stampin' UP! 1989-2008


Hope you have enjoyed looking at my masterpieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment