Vintage Stampin' Ink refills for the ink spots included with the Distressing Essentials kit are now available!
- 125731 Tea Stain Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
- 125732 Charcoal Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
- 125733 Mahogany Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
- 125734 Navy Blue Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
Here is a reminder of how to re-ink with the Vintage Stampin' Ink refills:
Re-inking a Vintage Ink Spot is different than re-inking a Classic Stampin' Pad or Spot. To create a distressed, aged appearance, a Vintage Ink Spot should be drier than a Classic Stampin' Pad. When it's too dry–that is, the ink applies more lightly than you like on your projects–you should re-ink the Spot. To re-ink your Vintage Ink Spot, do the following:
- Using the eyedropper in the Vintage Ink Refill, apply ink one drop at a time in equal, thin stripes on the pad. Do not saturate the pad; it needs to be drier than a Classic Stampin' Pad. Let the ink settle into the pad for a few minutes before continuing.
- Using the edge of a credit card, drag the ink diagonally across the pad from corner to corner. This will ensure that the ink is heavier in some places than others, which is necessary to create a distressed appearance.
- Blot lightly with a paper towel to remove excess ink.
Images © Stampin' Up! 2011
Make sure to check out my website for more great ideas!
The Stampin' Up! 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog is here! It's filled with some AMAZING new products for your holiday and general paper crafts!
Click HERE for the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog
Click HERE for the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog Stampin' Supplies
Thanks for stopping by.