Projects

Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Green" Chipboard

A while back a friend asked me where I got my chipboard. I told her that the majority came from my work; on the backs of writing tablets, when we get logo paper for our printers, some of our flyers come in 'pads' & there is chipboard to keep them from bending/getting ruined.

I work full time in an office and the chipboard comes in many different textures & thicknesses.

So, I collect them all and take them home to be used in my favorite toy; My Sizzix Big Shot.

We also talked about 'going green' and that was the theme for our last Shoebox Swap.

So, my project used 'green' chipboard and (of course) my favorite toy, the Sizzix Big Shot.

Also, I've been collecting my oatmeal boxes, cereal boxes, gift boxes, etc (anything made out of chipboard) to use & I cannot tell you how much chipboard there is right at your fingertips!

I found the idea here...





If you're going to cover the chipboard with Designer Series Paper, why not use the 'green' stuff?


Me? ~ I'd rather save my money and purchase more stamps. lol

And, when you get a gift box from someone, use that too. I got the cutest one in black with white polka dots. Now, how cute would that be to use that for a die cut flower?




Love You Much Box
Recipe ~All supplies by Stampin’ UP!© Unless otherwise noted~
Stamps: Love You Much
Ink: Pretty In Pink Classic Ink
Cardstock/Paper: Pretty In Pink cardstock, Close to Cocoa cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Candy Lane Designer Series Paper
Sizzix Big Shot & Die Cuts: Sizzix Big Shot, Top Note die, Join in the Cheer die
Punches: Heart to Heart
Accessories: Circle Fire Rhinestone brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip 5/8” Grosgrain ribbon, Sticky Strip, Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive, pink & white felt (unknown), 'green' chipboard



Kathy

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I just got one of my SU! boxes yesterday with paper and the cardboard back. I was about to throw it away and thought, "hey wait a second... I can use this!!" Great minds think a like!!

    I've used the cereal box idea... and here is one my favorite uses. I measured a box to make sure it is 12 in wide (if not maybe a hair of 12 in, like 12 1/8 to 12 1/4). I use two of those boxes, cut out the middle so it makes a vertical paper holder! Just like the 8.5 x 11 paper holder and magazine holders people sell, mine was completely recycled covered in old CS I was going to use... and voila! My own custom made paper holder out of cereal boxes!

    Love your blog!! :)

    Marlana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box is Gorgeous!!..I love how you used the die...and the flowers and papers are lovely!!...Hugs Ila

    ReplyDelete