Projects

Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Simply Scrappin' Kit mini scrapbook


Simply Scrappin' Kit mini scrapbook

A couple of months ago my friend Cheryl and I were talking about 'getting away from it all'; especially work. So, we decided we wanted to stamp/scrapbook, watch movies & eat junk food until our hearts were content.



Well, my parents have a condo in north Las Vegas that they were so generous to let us go to and flop for the weekend.



We decided that we were going to take as little supplies as possible and so that made our decision to use our Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' Kits© and make mini scrapbooks.

And so we did...we scrapped, watched movies, ate, scrapped some more, watched more movies...you get the picture.



Here's the lot of them together:



Stampin' Up!© 1989-2009
My next door neighbor's daughter just graduated from high school so I wanted to make her a keepsake scrapbook.



This is hers~ and the card I made to go with it (Summer Sun card with chipboard covered flowers):


The 'base' is a cardboard cd cover (click here to see what they look like).




Her name is Ashley and I wanted to personalize it a bit.




I used a retired Simply Scrappin' Kit (and I cannot remember the name of it..sorry).




All supplies are Stampin' Up!© except some flower brads, cord & some ribbons.




I used coordinating colors for all of the pages & tabs; Summer Sun, Ballet Blue, Pink Passion, Green Galore & Only Orange. Well, besides Whisper White.



I wanted to keep the pages fairly blank so she wouldn't have to worry about where to place her photos and memorabilia.















The two cd holders were taped together with Sticky Strip and then 'bound' on the spine with ribbon to take on the look of a book.



There were no stamps used in this project. And, the only ink was a Siglo White Gel Pen.



The Designer Series Paper for the '09 was from the 2009 Spring & Summer Idea Book & Catalog Hostess Pattern Paper Pack.





Thanks for looking and stay tuned for the others that were made...they'll be posted soon.


Kathy


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy, I love your CD covers. Great way to use your old SS kits too. How did you adhere the CD's together. Did you glue them back to back or bind them with thread? :-)Sheilah

    ReplyDelete